Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I went through an issue earlier this year on a 3850 stack where we were trying to enable jumbo frames on a single L2 VLAN for a UCS environment connected via port channel to upstream switches. If the interfaces are both on the same UCS FI, jumbo work...

Hello,   I'm hoping someone may be able to help. I've deployed Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.2 into my environement. I'm currently using this for some RBAC Access for our helpdesk. We would like the ability for them to add voice VLAN's to ports for th...

Hi All,   My office have one primary link and one secondary Link, But while we are getting report for link utilization from solar wind we are finding that both primary and secondary link are utilized, Primary link is ok for me, But sometime secondary...

guestme by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

how i will deney/access specific ip range in my network?for example172.16.0.0/16 is using in my network but my requrement is i have to allow only 172.16.0.0 to 172.16.2.0/16 and other ip should not work in my network. Then how i will configure in cis...

We're using a few Nexus 3048 switches in production.  Authentication is set up with Radius on 2008R2.  The config shows as following:   aaa group server radius ACRRadiusaaa authentication login default group ACRRadius local   With a local account set...

Hi everyone, The client had a 2960 switch which for some reason went bad and they got a new SF300 48PP. Since yesterday, I was trying to set it up according to the notes I found about the old switch. So far I was only able to setup the static IP and ...

saxz.PNG

Hi all,   I've been tasked to implement the qos on Cisco 7Ks for our network.  Looking into this very topic .. there isn't much help available online anywhere.   I came across VOQ and VQI and still struggling to digest this.  I have found one thread ...

Hello, I have a WS-C3650-24PS running rapid-pvst. This has a default priority of 4096. I also have a WS-C2960-24PC-L  running pvst which has a default priority of 32768. Why are there two differnet default spanning-tree priorities ? Does rapid-pvst u...

tedauction by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I am testing some qos policies to simulate traffic conditions through switches.Can someone please recommend any known free software that could be installed in laptops for generating such traffic to facilitate tests. Thanks.

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,   I need some advise with a simple (so I hope) QoS setup, I have been tasked to design a QoS policy to prioritise voice and video traffic from a Telepresence unit that is transiting our MPLS network. The Telepresence unit and WAN router is co...

de1denta by Level 3
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! DR/BDR OSPF

Hello guys, as far as I know all SPF routers talk to each other with 224.0.0.5 in broadcast media, and they use unicast in NBMA, what's the 224.0.0.6, is that for DR and BDR router talk to each other or what, and can someone please explain DROTHER fo...

Hello and happy new year !   2018 start with 2017 unsolved problem ;) I have two device who have the same IP, PC1 and Server 2, i can't change it.So i try to implemente NAT through IE4000.   This is my network: Server 1 has the address 192.168.1.100...

schemaIE400.png
Arthur_ by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes