Views
Helpful
Replies

HSRP SVI limitations

RON TAU
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anyone point to the  the maximum SVI interfaces supported on the following platforms:

Cat4500 sup6e/sup7

Cat6500 sup 720 3B

Thanks,

Roni

3 Replies 3

IAN WHITMORE
Level 4
Level 4

Well I looked but couldn't find a hard answer to this. It depends on the memory as well in your supervisor. Each SVI uses a little memory so it depends on other processes, configuration etc as to how many it will support at any one time.

HTH,

Ian

Thanks Ian, The thing is that for some switches (I.E - ME3400) there is a specific limitation refered in the configuration guide, not connected to the memory of the switch, I cannot find in the release notes or the configuration guide the limitation to the platforms I mentioned in my post.

BR,

Roni

The command reference still says the same for this model:

Although the switch supports a total of 1005 VLANs (and SVIs), the interrelationship between the number of SVIs and routed ports and the number of other features being configured might impact CPU performance because of hardware limitations. See the "Configuring Layer 3 Interfaces" section for information about what happens when hardware resource limitations are reached.

Ref: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/metro/me3400/software/release/12.2_50_se/configuration/guide/swint.html#wpmkr1610703

Sorry I can't find anything more.

Regards,

Ian

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card