Views
Helpful
Replies

HSRP with IP default gateway

miank
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Fellows,

I am working on below topology , can anyone help me out to ping from my PCs (in VLAN 10,and 20) to another switch's Virtual IPs in diff VLAns. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

I'm happy to hear that, it was a pleasure.

Have a great day.

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

View solution in original post

23 Replies 23

cofee
Level 5
Level 5

This seems to be a packet tracer topology. Can you share packet tracer file for this topology ? It will be easier to fix the issue that way. 

are you able to ping gateways for vlan 10 and 11. Also does the switch that is acting as a layer 3 device has a route to remote switches or able to ping them?

Hi

Additional to the packet tracer file, I think swi1 is used just to receive the vlans, right?

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Hi Julio,

i have shared packet tracer files and need below to achieve :-

1- To ping between SW1 to SW4 virtual IPs (HSRP)

2- To ping all switches VIPs from my both PCs

3- i must be able to ping from sw3 and sw4 to my PCs in Vlan 10 and 20 and same from PC side.

Thanks !

Thank you so much, but you could please share the .pkt file on zip as well?

Hi Julio,

Shared ... thanks!

Thank you, really appreciated, Im going to verify the configuration. 

thanks Julio , it will be great !!!

You are welcome, please let me share my findings in 5 min. 

Thanks ! One quick question .. i want VLAN 1 not to travel on my trunk links , how can i configure that ?

Hi

The VLANs has local significant, if you dont want to pass it over the trunk, you need to restrict the vlans, 

example:

switchport trunk allowed vlan add 2,3,4,5

or (but not sure if it is supported on Packet Tracer)

switchport trunk allowed vlan except 1

A good practice is shutdown the vlan 1

interface vlan 1
shutdown

Thanks !! 

in fact i was removing VLAN 1 by 

switchport trunk allowed vlan remove 1

Ok perfect, just a question I saw the HSRP switches are for different vlan than 10 and 20, is that the idea?

Yes. in fact HSRP configured for 4 x switches internal connectivity. and VLAN 10 and 20 for accessing the servers.

also one thing more that my telecom operator has given me this config. vlan 106 is for signaling and vlan 128 is for OAM, So my telecom operator will access my switches SW1 and SW2 through their switches SW3 and SW4, they will point Virtual IP of my SW1 as their default gateway and i will point their virtual IP as my default gateway , so that we both can reach between switches.

and also will my telecom operator will access my servers on different subnets/vlan10 & 20, through my switches.

i think above will clarify idea.

Thanks !

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card