cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hybrid 6513-Reboot loses L3 connection to L2 Vlan

dmooreami
Level 3
Level 3

6513 running CATOS Version NmpSW: 8.3(2) and IOS Version 12.2(14)ZA7. Switch had been up for 2+ years. Switch hosts GRE tunnels to other offices. Packet loss down all tunnels was noticed. Company had seen this in the past and a reboot would fix.

Rebooted 6513 no errors in the reboot. But my Vlan20 that is layer3 had issues. The serves on Vlan20 could not ping their default gateway. But all other servers could ping their L3 Vlan on the switch.

The "fix" was to "no interface Vlan20" on the IOS part and past it back in. Now the servers on vlan 20 10.122.20.0/24 could be seen by all L3 vlans and they could ping their dg of 20.1.

Also, the all L3 vlan interfaces are encountering packet drops. If any pc pings its L3 Vlan packet drops occur. Example if pc on vlan 24 pings its 10.122.24.1 dg, packet loss. Also if same PC ping 10.122.20.1 L3 Vlan on 6513, packet loss.

However if a pc on Vlan24 pings another pc on another Vlan (Vlan20) No packet loss occurs.

2 Replies 2

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

You can go through this command after hours:

shut

no shut

on the VLAN interfaces you are having issues. this should clear the cef tables entry.

Thanks. I have never seen a hybrid do that. How much more "clear" can a CEF table get after a power off/on of a switch? :)

Spoke to a cisco tech who verified that cisco has seen this behaviour before, but doesn't have any type of fix for it. I hate hybrid mode, would love to move it to native but we all know how painful that is.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: