Helpful
Replies

I Can't write the "ip multicast-routing..." command

sefimizra
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have switch Catalyst 3750G-24TS-1U with  IOS Release 12.2(35)SE

When I try to write the command "ip multicast-routing distributed" it not recognize it.

When I checked it on the internet it didn't show me any problems to use it.

Please help

Thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes true.

Hope we have answered your query. If yes can you please mark the thread as answered rather than keeping it "unanswered" so that other people having the same issue gets benifited.

HTH

Regards

inayath

********** please dont forget to rate all usefull posts************

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Bilal Nawaz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Please post full "show ver". I wonder if you need ip routing configured before the multicast command. (im not sure about this)

Maybe it is possible you need an image with ip services or something like that.

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

This is in close network so I can't take its output.

What parameter do you need from this command?? 

If you check the website for that versions command guide it brings you to the pages below , i dont see any multicast commands available for that version only IGMP , no specific 12.2(35)SE command guide , closet Cisco have posted is12.2(55)SE

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/ios-nx-os-software/ios-software-release-12-2-35-se/model.html

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12-2_55_se/commmand/reference/3750cr/cli1.html#marker-11906716

@Self:-

I have the following IOS ( 12.2(55)SE9) &  12.2(55)SE7

ROOT-SW(config)#ip multicast-routing distributed >> I am able to run.

2-

You need to have  IPSERVICES feature set to enable multicast forwarding.

3- Try enabling Ip routing under config mode.

4- Last but least upgrade the IOS to the latest version.

5- Looking at the config guide you can see that this command is there on the IOS which you are running:-

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12-2_35_se/configuration/guide/scg.pdf

HTH

Regards

Inayath

sefimizra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I upgrade my 3750G to os 15.02SE8 and now I can write this command but I can't define multicast routing in the interface vlan. 

I checked little more and i found that: "Catalyst 3750 and 3560 switches run feature-specific software releases and do not support software activation"

So I can't activate my IPService license and I think thats the reason I cant use this feature.

Thank you

Yes true.

Hope we have answered your query. If yes can you please mark the thread as answered rather than keeping it "unanswered" so that other people having the same issue gets benifited.

HTH

Regards

inayath

********** please dont forget to rate all usefull posts************

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card