cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I have two cisco 3560x and 3750x switches running Clustering feature Question

kwesiarmah
Level 1
Level 1

How to find the clustering management protocol (cmp) feature from cisco navigator after gaining the output. I am not able to determine which feature CMP is under.

8 Replies 8

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If I understand your question correctly, CMP is only supported on Sup for the 6500 series.

HTH

Can you explain what you mean by "CMP"?

HTH

I hope you understand what I am looking for, and if not, please - Let me explain it better again. some of the title line platform ios does not support - "no cluster run," and some do. I just wanted to know which feature clustering is under.....on my attached cisco navigator output. 

CMP = Switch Clustering.  This is a very, very old and ancient way of "stacking" a series of switches.  

This feature has already been permanently disabled with the firmware you're using.

Thank you, Leo Laohoo.

Hello

I still find clustering extremely use to on switch's that still support it, It allows me to access a switch via L2 ( mac address) if for some reason i lose ip mgt connectivity to it.

As @Leo Laohoo as stated its now EOL but it is still around on devices.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card