Hello Sirs,

Kindly i need help to understand this question , see it at attachment

Best regards - amr

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

siddhartham
Level 4
Level 4

default-information originate is a way to inject the configured static route into OSPF routing domain.Since there is a

default-information originate command configured on router R1's OSPF config, R2 will receive that default route from R1 along with other OSPF routes.

Siddhartha

Siddhartha

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Duplicate posts. 

siddhartham
Level 4
Level 4

default-information originate is a way to inject the configured static route into OSPF routing domain.Since there is a

default-information originate command configured on router R1's OSPF config, R2 will receive that default route from R1 along with other OSPF routes.

Siddhartha

Siddhartha

I do agree with siddhartha. As there is default-information originate command is configured on Router R1, R2 will receiv full routing table with static default route configured on router R1

Bilal Nawaz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello, because of the network commands, these 172 networks are propagated to R2 therefore it learns about the 172 routes. (LSA creation of these)

R1 has the default information originate command, it is generating a default route advertisement to R2 regardless of whether R1 has a static route or not.

The only thing that you won't see in R2s routing table is the 200.x.x.x network.

Hope this helps

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Amr Ali
Level 1
Level 1

thanks experts for your efforts , but i have found another answer to this question , i will be glad if you examine it

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card