Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Identify the fans used in a Cisco Catalyst 9400 Series Switch

Hello.  This is my first time using the Cisco community, so hopefully I don't screw it up. 

I'm trying to identify the specific fans used in a C9410R Cisco Catalyst Switch.  The vertical fan tray on the side pulls cooling flow through the lower part of the chassis, past the 10 slots for the various cards/blades.  The only product name I can find in the datasheet is "C9410-FAN", which seems to be for the entire tray of 16 small muffin fans.

I'm doing a thermal analysis of a cabinet that houses one of these switches, so I need to understand how much flow the fans can move.  If I had a vendor part number (i.e., from Ametek, Rotron, or similar company) I could track down a datasheet that probably has a performance curve (i.e., of flow vs. pressure).  Unfortunately I have nothing to go on, and don't have the serial number to open a TAC case.

Can anyone help me identify a part number for the individual fan, or suggest the best way of getting that information through Cisco's main website?  Thank you, in advance, for your help.  

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Ref : https://www.provantage.com/cisco-systems-c9410-fan~7CSC8R1C.htm
  >....

Manufacturer Part Number C9410-FAN=

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello marce1000.  I appreciate your reply, but that only seems to link me to a site that (a) has information/images I already have, and (b) lets me order one.  I'm doing a thermal analysis of a cabinet that houses one of these switches, so (b) isn't my function.  I need to get some idea of how much airflow the 16 muffin fans will move, so I need a performance curve for a single fan.  That model number is still TBD.  It sounds like I need to identify the serial number of our C9410R switch, and then Cisco may be willing/able to help.  Thanks again, though.

Scott

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@scott-f-moynihan wrote:
Unfortunately I have nothing to go on, and don't have the serial number to open a TAC case.

Use the serial number of the chassis.

If not, talk to the Cisco Account Manager so they can reach out to the BU for the information.

Hello Leo.  Thank you for your reply, too...but I didn't have the serial number when I first contacted Cisco...and still don't.  It sounds like I need to contact one of the MEs or EEs in my company to get the number, and then go back to Cisco and ask again for help.

Scott

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card