Views
Helpful
Replies

IE-3300-8T2S-E Express Setup Red Light

Gard8573
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

I've an IE-3300 series hardened network switch we are using in an unconfigured state currently to create a temporary LAN for our controls system.  After a shutdown, we powered the switch back up, and didn't have any link or connectivity through the ports.

We referenced the manual and available literature Cisco has, and decided to reset the switch (it was unconfigured anyways).  We disconnected all the patch cables and reset it.  It went through POST just fine (no red LED's), and let the Express Setup LED blinking green, as in it is ready to run through ES.  However, upon pressing the button 1-3 seconds to start the ES, it turns the LED red and stops.

The Cisco literature we have doesn't address what this means; only that on POST if a red LED comes up it is a fatal error.  The POST is fine, but we've nothing to know what the ES failure means or how to fix (if it is fixable).  Wondering what sort of experience or advice anyone has for me at this point?

Thanks in Advance,IMG_4350.jpg

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Perhaps you get more info if you attach the serial console and followup on messages when powered up.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card