Views
Helpful
Replies

IE-4000-8GT8GP4G-E connection problem

IE4000_User
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

I have a new "out of the box" IE-4000-8GT8GP4G-E Network Switch. I'm following the express setup procedure but cannot connect to the switch. Browser never opens, step 9 of the enclosed procedure. Has anybody any experience with this type of switch and what procedure did you follow to connect it to a PC? (any modifications to the procedure while setting it up?)

The PC does not have a connection to the internet.

Express Setup Procedure attached.

Please advise.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>... Browser never opens,

- What do you mean by that , does it mean that you can not use the browser ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Good morning,
Thank you for your reply.
It meant that I was getting the message: "Hmmm... can't reach this page" from Microsoft Edge.

It turns out that the assigned address was not 169.254.0.2 as stated in the procedure. It was 192.168.1.254.
After entering that into the browser, I was able to access the Cisco Device Manager.

Mike

Hello,

does the computer you connected to Gig1/1 actually get the DHCP assigned address (169.254.0.2) from the IE switch ?

Good morning,
Thank you for your reply.
I just "assumed" that the assigned address was 169.254.0.2. It wasn't, the address assigned was 192.168.1.254.
After entering that into the browser, I was able to access the Cisco Device Manager.

Thank you very much for pointing that out.
Mike
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card