cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IE 4000 Controller Error

Cisco52383
Level 1
Level 1

I get a repeating error in my log file...

Sep 10 15:35:21.860: %ILPOWER-3-CONTROLLER_ERR: Controller error, Controller number 0: power supply removed
Sep 10 15:35:25.865: %ILPOWER-4-ILPOWER_POE_PS_REMOVED: PoE Power Supply loss detected
Sep 10 15:35:28.872: %ILPOWER-4-ILPOWER_POE_PS_RECOVERY: PoE Power Supply Restored
Sep 10 15:35:29.092: %ILPOWER-3-CONTROLLER_ERR: Controller error, Controller number 0: power supply removed

This message repeats forever. I have checked the cables, additionally there are no cables plugged into the PoE ports.

sho env power

POWER SUPPLY A is DC OK
POWER SUPPLY B is DC OK - Alarm disabled

This is a production switch so a reboot will have to wait, but is there anything else I can check that might be causing this issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Take the Maintenance window, try to reseat, and use same power source on working PSU, so you will have idea what is wrong, based on the outcome you can place order or buy failed PSU if required.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

check by reseating or connecting other source. if not fixed raising TAC case is good option (may be hardware PSU issue ?

)

BB

Thank you for the suggestion. I will work to get the power supplies re-seated. Unfortunately I can't open a TAC case since I don't have a support agreement with Cisco for this particular device.

Take the Maintenance window, try to reseat, and use same power source on working PSU, so you will have idea what is wrong, based on the outcome you can place order or buy failed PSU if required.

BB

I performed a reload on the switch this morning and that cleared up the issue.  Thank you for all your help.

@Cisco52383 wrote:

and that cleared up the issue. 

Not for long. 

Look at the IOS version.  It is "E0a" -- That means a version "zero" a re-build. 

So whatever bug was being encountered will, eventually, return.

Thank you for that insight, I will look to get all switches with that version updated.

Hello,

do you have 'power-supply dual' configured on the IE4000 ?

Post the output of:

show alarm settings

to find out what your alarm settings are. You probably have 'alarm facility power-supply disable' configured as well ?

Here is the output of sho alarm settings

sho alarm settings
Alarm relay mode: De-energized
Power Supply
Alarm Enabled
Relay
Notifies Disabled
Syslog Enabled
Temperature-Primary
Alarm Enabled
Thresholds MAX: 95C MIN: -30C
Relay MAJ
Notifies Enabled
Syslog Enabled
Temperature-Secondary
Alarm Disabled
Threshold
Relay
Notifies Disabled
Syslog Disabled
SD-Card
Alarm Disabled
Relay
Notifies Disabled
Syslog Disabled
REP
Alarm Disabled
Relay
Notifies Disabled
Syslog Disabled
License-File-Corrupt
Alarm Enabled
Relay MAJ
Notifies Enabled
Syslog Enabled
Input-Alarm 1
Alarm Enabled
Relay
Notifies Disabled
Syslog Enabled
Input-Alarm 2
Alarm Enabled
Relay
Notifies Disabled
Syslog Enabled

As for the 'alarm facility power-supply disable' I haven't touched that in my config, whatever the default is it still is.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What firmware is the IE running on? 

IF there is nothing connected to this port, try killing the power to the port:  power inline never

Cisco IOS Software, IE4000 Software (IE4000-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.2(6)E0a, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

I have already set the ports to power inline never.

Upgrade the firmware.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: