cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IE3000: Is possible to do many to many NAT?

Dear all,

I have a IE3000 and I need to NAT 8 diferent IPs fron 4 different networks (2 IPs in each) as you can see in the picture atached.

For my application I need to access this 8 desktops from one desktop in a corporate network. In the picture: From the Desktop 01 I need to reach Desktops 02 to 09.

Is it possible to do Many to Many NAT to solve our problem with this IE3000?

Regards,
Rodrigo Nascimento

9 Replies 9

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi rnascimento@hexel.com.br ,

In my opinion, that could be achieved with static NAT, but, as far as I know, the IE3000 device does not support NAT.

If so, you could put an L3 device in between to be able to do NAT.

Regards

Hi Luis,

Thank you for the reply!

I will change the device for a IE-2000-16TC-L... But can I NAT 2 identical IPs in 2 different ports as in the picture? I cannot change this IP addresses...

Thank you!

What identical IP addresses do you want Nat?

Arquitetura.jpeg

The Nat is done from the private addresses to the public address, but, you must have an L3 device between your IE3000 and the public PC.

Regards

Hi Luis,

The Desktop 01 and Desktop06 for example...

Thank you!

Regards,
Rodrigo

Query: In your internal routing, do you have problems when a PC is pinging IP 192.168.0.1, since PCs 2 and 6 have the same IP?

Regards

I'm sorry  Luis,

The PCs with the same IPs are 2 and 6. Until now the networks are separeted. I want to use the IE-2000-16TC-L switch to unify the netwoks because my application needs information from the PCs. 

My initial idea is use NAT to translate the IPs and don't have this problem.

In other words, Desktop 01 needs to comunicate with 02 and 06... Is possible to do a NAT in consitions (desktop 02 and 06 with the same IPs)?

Having two computers with the same IP brings connectivity problems, since some packages will go to one PC and others to the other PC.
When the packages return from the public domain, the device will send the packets to different destinations and this could congest the network, since each PC will request the missing packages.

Because of this, I do not recommend having devices with the same IP.

Regards

Luis,

Is not possible change the IP adresses in this cases. As this IPs wil be connect in two different ports on the new Switch (one port for each "network"), NAT doesn' solve that? 

Regards,

Rodrigo

Luis,

Is not possible change the IP adresses in this cases. As this IPs wil be connect in two different ports on the new Switch (one port for each "network"), NAT doesn' solve that? 

Regards,

Rodrigo

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card