Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

igmp snooping querier on WS-6513/sup2T

Hello,

Did someone know if we lunch command "ip igmp snooping querier" in 'Global configuration mode', What would happen?

Refer to this section 'Enabling the IGMP Snooping Querier', sup2T configuration guide

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/15-1SY/config_guide/sup2T/15_1_sy_swcg_2T/ipv4_igmp_snooping.html#49388

Router(config)# ip igmp snooping querier
Router(config)# vlan configuration 200
Router(config-vlan-config)# ip igmp snooping querier address 10.1.1.1
Router(config-vlan-config)# igmp snooping querier
Router(config-vlan-config)# end

They have both in 'globally' and 'vlan'. But I need to enable this function for only one VLAN, I worry if I lunch first command(ip igmp snooping querier), It wil enable to all VLANs.

I had test on small switches, 2960, 3560. All of this enable querier of all vlan if lunch the command (need to use 'no' disable it).

My office had 6513 but witch sup720, and bad news it's different in commading (need to enable in interface VLAN with ip addess)

Thank you,

Jiramate

P.S. It's my client site, I want to make sure before deploy something.

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

From the link you provided, it appears that you have to enable it globally first and than per vlan.

HTH

I think that not answer my question. I know it need to enable in global configuration mode. But I don't know after enable in global configuration mode(without enable in vlan) what will occur?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card