cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Impulse Safe Connect implementation

Peter Marshall
Level 1
Level 1

I keep getting locked-out of my switch when I make the following configuration changes per Impulse Safe Connect. I'm wondering if anyone else has dealt with this issue. The supplied text files show a typical switch configuration in the 'test.switch.before' document, and the 'script' document are the changes. I can call TAC to find the offending command, but I'm posting here to see if anyone has been able to work through this. If I find the solution from either Impulse support or TAC, I'll post here.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I am pretty sure the problem is with the AAA. I have tested your script on a switch, and I need to add:

aaa authentication login default group radius local

and under the vty lines:

login authentication default

for the configuration in the script to work....

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello,

I am pretty sure the problem is with the AAA. I have tested your script on a switch, and I need to add:

aaa authentication login default group radius local

and under the vty lines:

login authentication default

for the configuration in the script to work....

Georg, this worked.

For anyone else testing a similar scenario, it took my a good 30 seconds to log into my WS-C2960X-48LPS-L, running 15.2(2)E7 C2960X-UNIVERSALK9-M, since it's off the network (cannot reach the RADIUS server).

Thanks!

PS: 

"aaa authentication login default local group radius" instead of 

"aaa authentication login default group radius local" eliminates that 30-second delay

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card