Views
Helpful
Replies

Incorrect IPs in Packet tracer

Kristian Leth
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

Im currently reading for a a CCNA, and got the some packet tracer "jobs".

But i have a packed tracer, that i cant seem to find the last 15% for.

I have attached the file now, and im not asking for anyone to solve the packet tracer, but to provide me with a set of commands, so that i could solve my problem myself.                  

Regarding the network ip table in the top of the instruction part of the packet tracer, here is a set picture of it:

Kap5.PNG

Please help me, cause this is really ignoring

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Shahzad Ayub
Level 1
Level 1

1-wrong ip address to VLAN 5 on three switches

ip pool: 10.1.1.224 10.1.1.239

s1: 10.1.1.226 255.255.255.240

s2: 10.1.1.227 255.255.255.240

s3: 10.1.1.228 255.255.255.240

Default gateway: 10.1.1.225

2-STP VLAN Priority is not correct

spanning-tree vlan 5,15,25,35 priority 4096

its 100 % now

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Kristian,

I have not open the file yet but whats the query? You want us to help you in configuration?:

can you please tell us your query so that we help you here?

Thanks

Inayath

Hello.

Yes im looking for help with the Configuration - it would be easier if you took a look at the .pka file (no offense) but then you can see the instructions, and what is missing instead of me posting a picture of what appears to be missing

Okay it looks like some time needed for this to be completed.

I reuqest you to kinldy check the configuration which you have configured?Escpically the Default gateway which you have pointed on the PC were is that DG defined?

I would suggest you to go step by step in building to achieve this.

Regards

Inayath

Hello.

Im not sure what you mean, the VLAN5 all have the same gateway, because they are in the same subnet.

The PCs DG isnt defined anywhere, because i asume that there is no way to do that because i only have Layer 2 devices.

The PCs DG isnt defined anywhere, because i asume that there is no way to do that because i only have Layer 2 devices.

Then whats the fun in assigning the DG?

Anyways as I said I would need some time for this to reconfigure and run this up.

Else the best way I would suggest sit and go through layer by layer you would learn and this should get resolved.

Regards

Inayath

Hello.

It is fair to say that you dont have time for it

But i have been speding over 4 hours now trying to solve it, and im still blank...

Hello.

Ive found a solution to raise it to 94%, i had miscalculated the Subnets.

now im only missing VLAN Prio

Shahzad Ayub
Level 1
Level 1

1-wrong ip address to VLAN 5 on three switches

ip pool: 10.1.1.224 10.1.1.239

s1: 10.1.1.226 255.255.255.240

s2: 10.1.1.227 255.255.255.240

s3: 10.1.1.228 255.255.255.240

Default gateway: 10.1.1.225

2-STP VLAN Priority is not correct

spanning-tree vlan 5,15,25,35 priority 4096

its 100 % now

Hi,

Concerning STP, putting the priority for these vlans to zero( which is perfectly valid and is the way to really get sure it will be the root bridge even if someone puts 4096 on some other switch) didn't gain any point and this is really what I don't like about PT activities,valid configurations not being taken into acccount.

Regards

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Hello and thank you!

What is the point for setting prio on interfaces? instead of just assigning the switch as root primary?

Hi,

spanning-tree vlan 10 priority 4096 command is setting the priority in the bridge ID to 4096( by default it is 32768) and as the vlan ID is added this will get us a  priority of 5006.

If all other switches had their priority unchanged or set higher then this will result in this switch being the root bridge for VLAN 10.

spanning-tree vlan 10 root primary will look at the other switches priority and will get a lower value so that this switch becomes the root.This is a macro and it is run only once so if after that we change priority of one switch to be lower this other switch will become the root bridge.

Also you talked about interfaces: the bridge priority and the interface priority are 2 different things, here we defined the bridge priority.

Regards

Alain

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card