Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Info about port numbering for IE-4000 series

Hi all, this is my first post in the Cisco community!

I can't find any information about how ports are numbered in the IE4000 4GC4GP4G-E, IE-4000-8GT4G-E Switch and IE-4010-4S24P.

For port numbering I mean "interface gx/x/x" or similar.

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Leo

Please look at the attached image. It shows 1-24 are RJ45 and 25-28 are SFP type.

Take a look at this doc titled Cisco Industrial Ethernet 4010 Series Switches Data Sheet. Here, search for "Table 2" within the page. It goes to say the following:

The Uplinks are 4 interfaces. Now, going by the interface numbering in the attachment (as well as the image in the cited link), "Uplink SFP" would 1/25-28.

Coming to which of these are PoE, the same link shows 24 under the column titled "Copper 10/100/1000 PoE/PoE+ Ports". The attachment (as well as the image in the cited link) shows interfaces 1/1-24 are 10/100/1000 PoE+.

The one open question is "which of these are uplink combo ports". To help me understand what you mean by "uplink combo", please elaborate what your expectations are, in terms of capabilities from a "uplink combo interface".

Kind regards ... Palani

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Palani Mohan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Leo

Welcome the Support Forums!

Is this what you are looking for?

IE-4000-3#show ip int br
Interface              IP-Address      OK? Method Status                Protocol
Vlan1                  unassigned      YES NVRAM  up                    down    
GigabitEthernet1/1     unassigned      YES unset  up                    up      
GigabitEthernet1/2     unassigned      YES unset  down                  down    
GigabitEthernet1/3     10.1.1.3        YES NVRAM  down                  down    
GigabitEthernet1/4     unassigned      YES unset  down                  down    
GigabitEthernet1/5     unassigned      YES unset  down                  down    
GigabitEthernet1/6     unassigned      YES unset  down                  down    
GigabitEthernet1/7     unassigned      YES unset  down                  down    
GigabitEthernet1/8     unassigned      YES unset  down                  down    
GigabitEthernet1/9     unassigned      YES unset  down                  down    
GigabitEthernet1/10    unassigned      YES unset  down                  down    
GigabitEthernet1/11    unassigned      YES unset  down                  down    
GigabitEthernet1/12    unassigned      YES unset  down                  down    
GigabitEthernet1/13    unassigned      YES unset  down                  down    
GigabitEthernet1/14    unassigned      YES unset  down                  down    
GigabitEthernet1/15    unassigned      YES unset  down                  down    
GigabitEthernet1/16    unassigned      YES unset  down                  down    
GigabitEthernet1/17    unassigned      YES unset  down                  down    
GigabitEthernet1/18    unassigned      YES unset  down                  down    
GigabitEthernet1/19    unassigned      YES unset  down                  down    
GigabitEthernet1/20    unassigned      YES unset  down                  down  

IE-4000-3#show inv
NAME: "1", DESCR: "IE-4000-8GT8GP4G-E"
PID: IE-4000-8GT8GP4G-E, VID: V00  , SN: FDO1839T09T

NAME: "IE-4000-8GT8GP4G-E - Module", DESCR: "IE-4000-8GT8GP4G-E - Module"
PID: IE-4000-8GT8GP4G-E, VID: V00  , SN: FDO1839T09T

Kind regards .... Palani

For IE-4010-4S24P, you can expect interface to be numbered from Gig1/1 through Gig1/28

cisco IE-4010-4S24P (APM86XXX) processor (revision 06) with 1048576K bytes of memory.
Processor board ID FDO2007U0RL
Last reset from power-on
1 Virtual Ethernet interface
28 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces

%LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface GigabitEthernet1/1, changed state to up %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface GigabitEthernet1/2, changed state to up

Thanks a lot, that is what I was asking. Just one more thing:

For the 

IE-4000-8GT8GP4G-E

Can you confirm that the uplink combo ports are 1/1-4? and the POE ports 1/13-20?

For the IE-4010-4S24P:

the uplink SFP are 1/25-28?

I found some images online but still no text to confirm this, I really appreciate your help.

thanks again

Hi Leo

Please look at the attached image. It shows 1-24 are RJ45 and 25-28 are SFP type.

Take a look at this doc titled Cisco Industrial Ethernet 4010 Series Switches Data Sheet. Here, search for "Table 2" within the page. It goes to say the following:

The Uplinks are 4 interfaces. Now, going by the interface numbering in the attachment (as well as the image in the cited link), "Uplink SFP" would 1/25-28.

Coming to which of these are PoE, the same link shows 24 under the column titled "Copper 10/100/1000 PoE/PoE+ Ports". The attachment (as well as the image in the cited link) shows interfaces 1/1-24 are 10/100/1000 PoE+.

The one open question is "which of these are uplink combo ports". To help me understand what you mean by "uplink combo", please elaborate what your expectations are, in terms of capabilities from a "uplink combo interface".

Kind regards ... Palani

Hi Leo

Just received confirmation that any of the ports 1/1 through 24 may be configured as NNI (Network Network Interconnect). For info on the various interface types, please review the documents cited here.

I hope this helps ... Palani

Hi Leo

Just realized that I did not answer your questions on IE-4000-8GT8GP4G-E. The image is here.

Interfaces 1 through 4 are combo interfaces, meaning these can be put to use as Fiber OR copper. Interfaces 13-20 are PoE capable. Reference document is here.

I understand your concern about seeing only images and no documentation to support. Regret inconvenience caused.

Kindly drop me an email pamohan@cisco.com when you get a chance, to help me understand your plans for putting these to use.

Sincerely .... Palani

Hello Palani, 

I am having the same switch IE-4010-4S24P.

the uplink will be 

GigabitEthernet1/24   unassigned      YES unset  down                  down 
GigabitEthernet1/26   unassigned      YES unset  down                  down 
GigabitEthernet1/27     unassigned      YES unset  down                  down 
GigabitEthernet1/28    unassigned      YES unset  down                  down 

Is that correct?

Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card