Views
Helpful
Replies

inter network device - macsec 256

ara.antranik1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am trying to get a macsec 256 link between a 9300-24T-A(ios xe 16.6.6) and  WS-3850-24S-S (ios xe 16.5.3)

according to ciscos cfn both platforms and software versions should support this and i see the 9300 and 3850 supports this in the configuration, but when i try to apply the MKA policy with gcm-aes-256 on the interface of the 3850, it says "only gcm-aes-128 is supported on this interface". the 9300 doesnt complain about this.

Anyone know the reason for this?

i have gotten the link to work with aes 128 thus far.

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- The  message is rather clear and probably due to 'software capable' restrictions in the release being used on the 3850. Options are limited to use and try latest release for the particular platform.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- The  message is rather clear and probably due to 'software capable' restrictions in the release being used on the 3850. Options are limited to use and try latest release for the particular platform.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

i upgraded to ios xe 16.6.6 release and now its working.

much thanks!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card