Views
Helpful
Replies

Inter VLAN Connectivity

waqascalculas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I have an issue that i cannot do inter-connectivity between 2 vlans on my cisco 4948. We recently added another department to our infrastructure and i want to use a separate IP scheme for that department while allowing them to use my previous network scheme too. The current IP scheme is : 192.168.102.0 and the new scheme i want to implement is 192.168.109.0.

I've created a separate vlan on my cisco 4948 switch. I'm already using this switch for connectivity of one of my remote site. The issue i'm facing is that when i create a seperate vlan with with network scheme 192.168.109.0 it only pings and access the 1st IP of 192.168.102.0 i.e. 192.168.102.1 but do not ping or access any other IP in this scheme can anyone help me out.

Regards 

3 Replies 3

chelu.marius931
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Do you have any access lists in place ? The rest of the IP's could be blocked except the .1 because I assume the .1 is the address of the vlan management interface. Also just to be sure,the switch is L3 capable ?

1.  Has "ip routing" been enabled on the switch?

2.  On new and old VLANs, do you have the correct network mask and gateway correctly defined for all clients?  Previously, this probably didn't matter.

Carlos Villagran
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Is your SVI in up/up state?

BR.

JC

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: