Views
Helpful
Replies

Inter VLAN Connectivity

waqascalculas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I have an issue that i cannot do inter-connectivity between 2 vlans on my cisco 4948. We recently added another department to our infrastructure and i want to use a separate IP scheme for that department while allowing them to use my previous network scheme too. The current IP scheme is : 192.168.102.0 and the new scheme i want to implement is 192.168.109.0.

I've created a separate vlan on my cisco 4948 switch. I'm already using this switch for connectivity of one of my remote site. The issue i'm facing is that when i create a seperate vlan with with network scheme 192.168.109.0 it only pings and access the 1st IP of 192.168.102.0 i.e. 192.168.102.1 but do not ping or access any other IP in this scheme can anyone help me out.

Regards 

1 Reply 1

Hello waqascalculas,

the Inter-Vlan Routing is automatically performed by a device by using SVIs (Catalyst Family).
Please be aware if you never used the device to route traffic between Vlans before, you might need to enable "ip routing" in global configuration mode.

As it's not that clear what is the actual situation in place, would you be able to attach the Router's configuration? 

I hope this helps,

L.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card