Views
Helpful
Replies

Inter VLAN routing on 3750

yogesh1
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

Today we have installed  one cisco router with 10 mb link and connected directly with cisco 3750 x and then one more 3750 x is connected through fiber cable directly . so I want to create one vlan  on cisco 3750 x where router is connected and take the connected with different 3750 x and at last I have to connect one V.C device is need to be connected .

Requirement is  we don't want these 10 mb link to b shared with different device we only want to shared with V.C (video conference device) that is connected with 3750-x so please suggest how can we do this by creating vlan or some other solution suggested by you.?

5 Replies 5

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi, 

Please follow the following steps

router (L3 Interface)-------> (L3 or SVI interface) New Switch (VLAN 200 (192.168.200.1)------>Old Switch (VLAN 200)------>VC

1. Create a VLAN (Assign an IP address) on new Switch, which is connected to the router.  

2. Create a trunk port and allow only one VLAN toward to Old switch, which is connected to fibre. 

3. Create the Same number VLAN (Don't assign any IP) on old Switch and configure a trunk port and allow this VLAN toward to new switch. 

4. Assign this VLAN on VC port and configure VC connected port as access.

Regards,

Deepak kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

Dear Deepak,

We have already connectivity of trunk allowed vlan all . so all the vlan which is created in cisco 3750 connected to router already goes to the other cisco 3750-x  so as per my understanding I only need to configure one port of switch as a access port with same vlan and connect the vc is it fine.?? 

Yes.. If you have any question. Please share configuration of router and switch.

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

jkilleda
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Yogesh,

InterVLAN routing is the only option for this scenario since you are using switch also allow the VLAN on necessary link or port which is meant for it .

So far the responses seem to focus on how to configure vlans to allow the video conferencing equipment to communicate with the router. As I understand the original post the question was really about the 10 mb link and how to have the video conference equipment use that link and no other equipment use that link. If you have a route configured to use the 10 mb link then any device sending traffic through the router might use that link. My suggestion is to not have any static route or dynamic routing protocol use that link and to configure Policy Based Routing so that any traffic received from the video conferencing equipment is sent out that link.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card