Views
Helpful
Replies

Interfaces on ASR-1002x won't come up

chet imhoff
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am working on an ASR-1002x and am having issues getting the interfaces to come up when I am connected to another device. I am currently connecting to a Cisco 2960-X. I am using GLC-TE SFPs in both the chassis and the SPA.

Is this the correct SFP for Ethernet connectivity? Please advise on what I may be doing wrong here.

GLC-TE

Cisco 1000BASET SFP Module

The Cisco 1000BASE-T SFP Module supports bidirectional serial data over shielded and unshielded twisted pair, category 5 cables.

Thanks!

17 Replies 17

Hello,

you are running a very outdated IOS release, which could be the reason your SFPs are not working properly.

Since you bought this device used, I assume you don't have a service contract, and hence cannot download newer software. Try to add the command:

ASR1002X(config)#service unsupported-transceiver

Thanks,

I was also informed by the reseller that b/c the transceiver is 1.24GB it is not supported. I'm due to receive these ones instead and if it still does not turn the led green on the router side I will try that service command.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QWRR179/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Amazon.com: QSFPTEK Gigabit SFP Copper RJ45 Module 1000BASE-T Transceiver for Cisco GLC-T/SFP-GE-T, Ubiquiti UF-RJ45-1G, Netgear, D-Link, TP-Link, Other Open Switches, up to 100m: Electronics
Buy QSFPTEK Gigabit SFP Copper RJ45 Module 1000BASE-T Transceiver for Cisco GLC-T/SFP-GE-T, Ubiquiti UF-RJ45-1G, Netgear, D-Link, TP-Link, Other Open Switches, up to 100m: Network Transceivers - Amazon.com ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases
www.amazon.com

Stay tuned,

Carl

Solution:

For $5.99, (including shipping), I received and installed an OEM CISCO GLC-SX-MM fiber SPF transceivers and voila, every port turned green including the 1000M comboC port on our legacy SG200 switch.

When in doubt buy CISCO:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005VEDLQK/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Interestingly enough the speed and duplex settings in (config-if)# where missing so I simply set the ports to negotiation auto and all good @ full duplex and 1000M.

Carl

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card