cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Intervlan_Routing_Subnatting - Packet Tracer

Tarunkumar Vyas
Level 1
Level 1

I am doing Inter vlan routing with subnatting in Packet Tracer. I did sabnatting as per node requirment.

Data Entry : 225 (Node requirment)

Diamond App : 400 (Node Requirment)

Camera : 350 ( Node requirment)

wlan : 20 (Node requirment)

Bms : 54 (Node requirment)

I connected only 3 devices to check Server_Vlan (Vlan 9), Diamond_Vlan (Vlan 5) and BMS_Vlan (Vlan 2), But unable to communicate with each other.

Is all vlan sabnet mask shoud be same for Inter Vlan Routing ?

Kindly find attachmet for Packet Tracer Configuration.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kcnajaf
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Tarun,

No...It is not necessary to have same subnet mask for all VLAN.

From your PT file which vlans are you not able to communicate? I tried pinging from the pc's to the server and between pc's and i was able to ping. Only thing which was missing are the default gateway's on the PC's. Please ensure that you input the default gateway (which will be the svi interface ip on 3560 switch) on the pc's and after that you should be able to ping between the devices.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Najaf

Please rate when applicable or helpful !!!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

kcnajaf
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Tarun,

No...It is not necessary to have same subnet mask for all VLAN.

From your PT file which vlans are you not able to communicate? I tried pinging from the pc's to the server and between pc's and i was able to ping. Only thing which was missing are the default gateway's on the PC's. Please ensure that you input the default gateway (which will be the svi interface ip on 3560 switch) on the pc's and after that you should be able to ping between the devices.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Najaf

Please rate when applicable or helpful !!!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card