Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I'm currently studying for my CCNA, so that's about my current level of Cisco knowledge.I've noticed something odd on our small network of ~50 machines.  We have 2 Cisco Catalyst level 3 switches located in 2 buildings with a CAT 5 cable between them...

hi ,  i would like to ask about  sh ip arp in cisco switch ,if i type show ip arp in cisco switch , it only display the arp in vlan 1 , although i have alot of vlans conected to pcs and servers , but only it dispaly the arp of vlan 1 ,on my switch  i...

Dr.X by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everybody.Please consider the following commands:R1(config)# crypto isakmp key firewallcx address 1.1.1.2R1(config)# crypto ipsec transform-set TS esp-3des esp-md5-hmac                The above command will cause R1 to use md5-hmac for authenticat...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi allIm looking into network monitoring,At the moment we use snmpc, we have to input manually all the equipment, we get traps etc to this also.Can anyone tell me what the best and most recommended network monitoring software there is out there, easy...

Hi all. Pls can anybody tell me is switch WS-C2960-8TC-L compatibile with sfps GLC-GE-100FX and GLC-FE-100FX. Actualy I want to know can I purchase one of those sfps and use it in my existing switch?show ver is given below:Cisco IOS Software, C2960 S...

Hello!I've 2 SUP720 installed into Cat6k chassis.1st SUP720 is ActiveSMR_UK_CAT6k#sh redundancy Redundant System Information :------------------------------       Available system uptime = 1 hour, 35 minutesSwitchovers system experienced = 4         ...

rmv72 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have two ports to monitor but on two different switches. I have to send information from these two ports to one port on one of these switches. How can i configure SPAN and RSPAN to send information to same destination port?

senpay524 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! NTP Master Command

Currently i am deploying a network wide NTP set up. All works fine but we have some confusion over the use of " NTP master "If we do not include the NTP master command on the catalyst cores the NTP set-up does exactly what we expect.When we add NTP m...

Where can I find a Cisco design guide on deifferent load balancing schemes, like one-armed mode, pass-through, etc etc...all the different ways of deploying a load balaner...switched, routed, etc....I cant seem to find one anywhere in Ciscos SRND sec...

visitor68 by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

By a customer of my I had a problem that the uplink of core switches are going to error-disabled state when connecting a Cisco switch to the existing network. Here is a overview of our netwerk.I connected the Cisco 3560 switch to a HP switch (ASC2). ...

Hi there,We have a live stack with 4 Cat 3750 switches of mixed varieties.  Switch 1 crashed the other day and didn't come back up.  A power reset brought the switch online again, and switch 2 is now running as the stack master.  We are going to repl...

mj5150 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes