Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS Release conflict ???

shan1_ansari
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I am in the process of upgrading our stack of 4 switches consist of WS-C3750G-48PS. Upon reading release notes found that there are two versions of release notes 1 day apart, the one released on 02 Sep 2012 saying that WS-C3750-48PS is not supported in this version. Then in release next day 03 Sep 2012 that note has been removed. Which one is correct. Is it supported with my model of switch or not.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11781/prod_release_notes_list.html

Also unable to change the boot path in stack switches, "all switch" option not appearing in the IOS currently in use.

I have uploaded IOS in all switches only Master's boot path has been changed but unable to change in stacks...

Please anyone know the solution let us know.

Cheers

Shan.

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

What version of IOS are trying to upgrade to? If I were to guess, I say go by 03 Sep 2012 release notes. Usually if there is an IOS listed on CCO for your specific model, than you can load it.

Also, when you upgrading a stack, you should use the .tar file, so the entire stack gets upgraded all at once.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/products_configuration_example09186a00804799d7.shtml

HTH

Hi ,

First I was trying to upgrade 15.0.2-SE but when I saw the confilict in release notes, thought might be safer to do on 12.2(55) SE6. Current version is 12.2(20)SE3.

Does tar file updates the boot path for all switchesa automatically?

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Does tar file updates the boot path for all switchesa automatically?

The TAR upgrade process should update boot path for all switches.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: