cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS update issue

JArthur11
Level 1
Level 1

I recently tried to update the IOS on two 3560s to c3560-ipbasek9-mz.122-53.SE1.bin. After the normal procedure which I've done in the past I received this error when reloading:

Loading "flash:c3560-ipbasek9-mz.122-53.SE1.bin"...@@@Warning: Trying to free al

ready-freed memory!!!

I went into the switch using the mode button and followed the instructions for erasing the flash and then using xmodem to copy over the bin file again. I then got this error when trying to boot the flash. Oddly load_helper gave me an error message saying the command wasn't there.

flash:/c3560-ipbasek9-mz.122-53.SE1.bin: I/O error

I thought it was maybe bad physical blocks on flash memory, but it happened on both switches. Perhaps a corrupt IOS? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

JArthur11

2 Replies 2

mutiatadetutu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

There might not be enough space on the switches. Try this command and it will compress the ios and update your devices. On the user mode, type

archive download-sw/allow-feature-upgrade/overwrite/force-reload tftp://address/ios.

The switch will get the ios from the tftp server and install on the switches.

The IOS was corrupt. I downloaded it again and did a MD5 check on it first. Both switches are now working properly.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card