cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS Upgrade for CAT 3560, all Releases DF?

rtjensen4
Level 4
Level 4

I'm trying to upgrade the IOS on my CAT 3560 from Version 12.2(20)EX (c3560-i5-mz.122-20.EX.bin) to somthing a bit newer. I need it to support the archive -> log-confg etc etc commnads (12.2.25+). I need to stick with the EMI feature set, I need it to run EIGRP and route between multiple VLAN interfaces. I was using the "IOS Upgrade Planner" and Every EMI version of the IOS is a DF. I want to avoid DF releases if possible, there has to be a reason they're Deferred right?

What gives?

Here are the Feature sets available:

IP SERVICES W/O CRYPTO WITH WEB BASED DEV MGR

IP BASE WITH WEB BASED DEV MGR

IP SERVICES

ADVANCED IP SERVICES

IP SERVICES WITH WEB BASED DEV MGR

IP SERVICES W/O CRYPTO

IP BASE

IP BASE W/O CRYPTO WITH WEB BASED DEV MGR

IP BASE W/O CRYPTO

ADVANCED IP SERVICES WITH WEB BASED DEV MGR

Which of the above can I use? I'm going to get my hands on a spare 3560 tomorrow and download a few of them to see what will works, but I'm wondering if I'm the only one that's run into this.

Any Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I'd just go with the latest (12.2(44)SE2) as there are no GD releases, all the IOS releases (except the deferred ones) are ED (Early Deployment). For EMI you should get the 'IP SERVICES WITH WEB BASED DEV MGR' as this is the new name.

SMI - IP Base

EMI - IP Services

Advanced IP Services (I don't think there was an earlier name for this?)

All versions come in a Crypto/Non-Crypto version, and all can have the built-in WEB based management. This is why there are nine varients. Download the 'IP SERVICES WITH WEB BASED DEV MGR' this will have Crypto features and has the WEB management. Install it using the 'archive' command.

HTH

Andy

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

I'd just go with the latest (12.2(44)SE2) as there are no GD releases, all the IOS releases (except the deferred ones) are ED (Early Deployment). For EMI you should get the 'IP SERVICES WITH WEB BASED DEV MGR' as this is the new name.

SMI - IP Base

EMI - IP Services

Advanced IP Services (I don't think there was an earlier name for this?)

All versions come in a Crypto/Non-Crypto version, and all can have the built-in WEB based management. This is why there are nine varients. Download the 'IP SERVICES WITH WEB BASED DEV MGR' this will have Crypto features and has the WEB management. Install it using the 'archive' command.

HTH

Andy

Awesome, thanks for the Heads up. I wasn't aware of the name change. I'll do that.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card