Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS vs IOS XE

Kenny CHAN HK
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Experts,

Had been search in the community and saw the reply that not big different for IOS vs IOS XE.

I got not much experience on switch, our company is going to migrate C2960x (IOS 15.2(7) E2) lan base license to C9300L (IOS-XE) Network Advantage license

Those old switches are only L2 in our network and we only use some common basic feature such as port-channel, ACL, STP, stack switch.

We got distributor vendor help for the migration and I pass startup config to them to convert into IOS-XE

I would like to ask about:

1. any hidden feature/ setting in C2960X has but C9300L has not?

2. "show running-config all " show much more hidden setting which "show running-config" does not has, if I change those non common setting, will those setting shows by "show running-config" ?

Many thanks for your big help!

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Kenny CHAN HK wrote:
Those old switches are only L2 in our network and we only use some common basic feature such as port-channel, ACL, STP, stack switch.

2960X is purely a Layer 2 switch (except for some limited Layer 3 function) and the most logical upgrade choice is the Catalyst 1000.

Catalyst 1000 and the Catalyst 2960X runs on IOS.  

Dear Leo,

Thanks for reply.

Unfortunately, current company already purchased C9300L before I joined and they arrived recently.  

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card