Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS-XE C3PL even remote-authentication-failure|success

Hi Everyone

i've been unsuccessfully looking for the meaning of new keywords remote-authentication-failure & remote-authentication-success in event definition of C3PL control-policy found here
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/ibns/command/ibns-xe-3se-3850-cr-book/ibns-cr-3850.html
Could anybody enlighten on?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello @andy!doesnt!like!uucp ,

in the same document there is the following note:

>> "The remote-authentication-failure and remote-authentication-success keywords are generated when web authentication success or failure occurs at the Guest Controller (GC) when a user configures CGA and provisions web authentication at the GC. This information is propagated from GC to the access switch."

So these two keywords are used when using a Guest Controller with web authentication for CGA = Custom ? Guest Access.

The remote should mean this that the authentication is performed by the Guest Controller instead of the AAA server defined on the switch.

I agree it is not a clear explanation.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello @andy!doesnt!like!uucp ,

in the same document there is the following note:

>> "The remote-authentication-failure and remote-authentication-success keywords are generated when web authentication success or failure occurs at the Guest Controller (GC) when a user configures CGA and provisions web authentication at the GC. This information is propagated from GC to the access switch."

So these two keywords are used when using a Guest Controller with web authentication for CGA = Custom ? Guest Access.

The remote should mean this that the authentication is performed by the Guest Controller instead of the AAA server defined on the switch.

I agree it is not a clear explanation.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

tnx Giuseppe,
i missed n idea to search for extra appearances in the same doc :0D
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card