Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi team,I'm having an issue on 3 of my 4507 switches where there are 12 switches that we have that all are connected to my 7K Core switch all switches are on Transparent Mode and they all have the same VLAN but from one of the switches that I'm havin...

Hi I'm seeing an % Authorization failed error when I try to access my switch via the console port.I want to separate my VTY and console access -vty to use TACACS - this is workingconsole to use local database  I have the following config in place: aa...

Terry by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All, I'm not a network guy so please forgive me if I don't grasp some fundamentals.  Objective: Be able to tag a VLAN based on MAC address on SG300 so certain clients get put onto a specific VLAN (and use VLAN groups).  Also, I want to retain the ...

hi  if i opted to upgrade my 5 switch stack one by by one, what would be the sequence for this.will i be upgrading the master 1st or the slaves. what is the best practice? thank you

I have a 4507E-R all set up with one power module. When I press the power on the following lights are seen INPUT OK: Solid GreenFAN OK: LED turns GREEN then off quickly and back on again quickly along with fan spinning up each time LED turns green (f...

jgr208 by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have implemented a new C9407R and it is the only one we have that is running 16.12.3 and the only one getting the following error message.000665: May 21 07:29:26.062 EDT: %SYS-5-CONFIG_P: Configured programmatically by process EPM IAL Process from...

GregH.NY by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey folks, I hope I'm posting this correctly,I have a single ASA 5510 with a simple port channel connecting to a pair of Nexus 3K's with a peer link between them.  The 3K's are complaining of mac flapping between the port channel interface and the ph...

Hello Experts I have tried to factory reset my 3560, but it simply won't be posible.....and I have followed the many guides on the web, and in this forum, but with no luck... Thanks in advance    

flash.png
Shavoh by Level 1
  • 22 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Everybody,I am doing a design of using Catalyst 9500 as Distribution / Spine and Cat9200 as Access Switch / Leafs. I want to use the same construct as the nexus 9000 => VXLAN encapsulation and BGP EVPN as control-plane.I would like to know if i...

Hi there, Could you help me? I have this scenario, a stack from 2 switches, one switch is the master with 15 priority, the second with 14 priority, I want to add 4 new switches to existing stack. 1.- How could I do that?2.- I need to add one by one o...

Zagam by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I've configured NAT on routers using physical interfaces.  And also on a 6500 (Sup720) using a combination of SVI (Inside) and a physical interface (Outside) for the NAT interfaces. But I seem to remember there was a problem when trying to do NAT...

I have a nexus 3172T in vtp client and is running nx-os 7.0.3.I7.6I want to turn vtp mode off or transparent, but apparently I cannot do it. It does not give me any options to do it.I read in another post that vtp in client or server mode is not supp...

geo555 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes