Views
Helpful
Replies

IP DHCP name with space

shelly mathew
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Cisco 4503 with Software version 03.03.00.SG. I have a dhcp pool name with spaces, i'm unable to manage this pool, or delete it. 

ip dhcp pool AAA Gxxx Wi-Fi

I get the following error when trying 

Invalid input detected at '^' marker. 

appreciate any help.

19 Replies 19

Hi,
I've attached the config here. i'm connecting using teraterm/ putty. I've tried directly through serial, but i'm still unable to edit.

Hello,

on a side note, I tried this in GNS3 with IOSv 15.6(2)T, and it lets me create and delete DHCP pools with white spaces just fine.

Either way, not sure if somebody has mentioned this, but try and copy the startuo config to a TFTP server, then manually delete the pool, copy the startuo back to flash, and then copy startup to runnning...

Andrew Khalil
Spotlight
Spotlight

@shelly mathew, Hello again!

I have searched for you, and I have found that this problem can be happened when the configuration of this pool was done through the GUI, otherwise, it is not accepted from the CLI, even config. load to switch will not be accepted and it usually fails with an error pointing to the line in the config that has the DHCP pool name.

Now, you have 2 options more I recommend to follow:

1- Is to access the switch using it's GUI, and delete the DHCP pool directly there! if it's not accepted as well.

2- Take a backup from the GUI, then edit the name of the DHCP pool to use - instead of the spaces, and then upload it using the GUI or the CLI! 

Please, try it, I wish it works!

Please don't forget to rate any helpful responses! 

Bst Rgds!

Andrew Khalil

Hello

Possible a ghost entry, Reload the device when applicable to see if that removes it, in the interim just remove the network scope and any options applied to it.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

How do i modify the pool? i cannot enter the pool name to modify it.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card