Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ip verify unicast source reachable-via rx allow-default on cisco Nexus N9k

HI Experts,

Need your advise on enabling this service in nexus N9k switches running  NXOS: version 7.0(3)I7(1). Need to apply this command set in our SVI, But i couldn't find the command set available. Please advise whether any other way to enable this service under SVI.

Thnaks

Ramsy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Ramasamy Chandrasekar 

Sorry about my poor explanation. I was trying to say that it might be possible that "ip verify unicast source" command to be available only on L3 physical ports. SVI is not a port (physical interface), but is indeed a L3 interface. Skipping the nomenclature, my motivation for this statement was that in the config guide there was nothing mentioned about SVIs.  

However, I was wrong. I managed to check in my lab, on a N9K-C93180YC-FX, running 9.2.2 and the command is allowed on SVI as well.

N9K(config-if)# sh run int vlan 101

interface Vlan101
  no shutdown
  ip verify unicast source reachable-via rx

N9K(config-if)# sh run int e1/1

interface Ethernet1/1
  description myTestIf
  ip address 10.0.0.1/30

It might be worth upgrading to 9.x and check again.

Hope it helps.

Sergiu

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If I am not mistaking, this is not a command available for SVI. It only works on L3 ports.

Regards,

Sergiu

Hi @Sergiu.Daniluk 

Thanks for the reply. 

The SVI is L3 interface. say example when a catalyst switch accepts such command set and the same SVI is not supporting on the Nexus N9K. I have attached the screenshots for your reference.

Sorry about my poor explanation. I was trying to say that it might be possible that "ip verify unicast source" command to be available only on L3 physical ports. SVI is not a port (physical interface), but is indeed a L3 interface. Skipping the nomenclature, my motivation for this statement was that in the config guide there was nothing mentioned about SVIs.  

However, I was wrong. I managed to check in my lab, on a N9K-C93180YC-FX, running 9.2.2 and the command is allowed on SVI as well.

N9K(config-if)# sh run int vlan 101

interface Vlan101
  no shutdown

N9K(config-if)# sh run int e1/1

interface Ethernet1/1
  description myTestIf
  ip address 10.0.0.1/30

It might be worth upgrading to 9.x and check again.

Hope it helps.

Sergiu

Thank you @Sergiu.Daniluk and @paul driver 

we will propose the upgrade to the management. 

Thanks 

Ramsy

Hello
FYI - Both loose and strict URPF modes should be applicable to physical, sub-interfaces, SVI's and L3 port channels, Although strict mode isn't applicable to host addresses (/32).

Once applied check the interface to see it is enabled 
sh ip interface vlan xx | in IP

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card