Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

iPerf on Catalyst 9300

Hello everyone, 

I am using iPerf on a Catalyst 9300 switch.

I managed to configure everything, but my question is: can I use the SVI as the guest-ipaddress of iPerf or a separate IP address is always needed for the machine?

I tried this configuration but iPerf doesn't work, the connection is refused.
Probably some configuration piece is missing.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello @matteobaroncelli ,

>> can i use the same IP address of the SVI for the iPerf container as well? Or is it mandatory that i use a different IP address for the contains than what is used on the SVI?

You need to use a different IP address because the iperf is an application running in a container  separated from iosd .

Further more the config setup clearly says the SVI is used as the default gateway for iperf App from the doc provided by @Reza Sharifi 

>> 5. Configure as a default gateway for the application the IP of the SVI that you chose for iPerf connectivity:

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi,

Unfortunately, the post does not answer my question

can i use the same IP address of the SVI for the iPerf container as well? Or is it mandatory that i use a different IP address for the contains than what is used on the SVI?

Thanks

@Giuseppe Larosa answer is more accurate.

Thanks 

MHM

Hello @matteobaroncelli ,

>> can i use the same IP address of the SVI for the iPerf container as well? Or is it mandatory that i use a different IP address for the contains than what is used on the SVI?

You need to use a different IP address because the iperf is an application running in a container  separated from iosd .

Further more the config setup clearly says the SVI is used as the default gateway for iperf App from the doc provided by @Reza Sharifi 

>> 5. Configure as a default gateway for the application the IP of the SVI that you chose for iPerf connectivity:

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hello,

Unfortunately I have not experienced any test, because my problem is involving the appid activation.

Even though I disabled appid verification (from IOX webgui), I got the following error:

Application packaged signature validation is enabled.

Missing mandatory file

/mnt/sd3/iox_alt_hdd_mount_dir/iox/repo/iperf3/extract_archive/package.cert

I downloaded mlabbe/iperf3 docker package as I found in many examples on the Internet.

Any suggestion will be appreciated

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card