Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello everyone,I am trying to create a VLAN which solely purpose is to access internet. I shouldn’t allow to access other vlans on the same network.my DHCP sever is on Windows sever 2012  So I got most of the config figure out please let me if I am w...

dkhan by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Cisco 2960 problem

Hello, we have a Cisco 2960-x recovered and repaired from a colleague, the switch it is turning on but it has the SYST, STAT and MAST turned on, not blinking. What can I do to make it working and reset? Thank you very much in advanced.ByeFabrizio Ron...

Dear GentsI need to know all details of Packet Life Cycle /processing in DC switches like ( 4500 , 6500....etc) ,what tables will process that packet , what is the process engine,  what is queue, I was trying to find this details but I can't could an...

HiI have 4 x 48 port switch stack of 3750x and have been tasked to split the task how would it be best to split it.SW1 IS MASTERI was thinking of moving sw3 and sw4 and make it its own stack but I have no spare ports as backup if I do it this way I w...

z_a by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I have created a simple network topology with 2 switches and 1 router.switch 1 is directly connected to a router1 via fe port and a switch2 is a trunk link to switch 1.however I am unable to ping from switch 2 to router1. not sure what I did wron...

mriswan3 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi guys,       i have a ghost story to share..  i had configured some access lists in my 3560 switch and after testing  everything was working fine. then i had powered off the switch after saving the config. today when i powered it back on, i saw two...

Hi everyone,I have an issue with C3750 switch: I'm unable to Telnet/SSH and ping it directly, whether I'm using Putty or Terminal;However, I can telnet and ping it from another switch.Every required configuration for remote access has been completed ...

Jejou by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Everyone     Wondering if you have experienced this situación. I have a Nexus 7000 connected to a Bluecoat Proxy SG400 and for some reason it haven't been possible to setup the full 1gbps speed on the Nexus 7k side.  When setting up speed and d...

Resolved! ctalys 6807

Hi,Does the below module from 6807 support single-mode SFP, and no which module supports it?If yes, is there any limitation?NAME: "Chassis 1 C6800-DFC Distributed Forwarding Card 4 EARL 1 sub-module of 7", DESCR: "Chassis 1 C6800-DFC Distributed Forw...

Hello, Cannot find what is missing to allow devices attached to VLAN1 to access the internet.  Laptop gets dhcp address, can ping 192.168.20.1 and interface gi0/0/1 which gets it address via dhcp.  Laptop cannot ping 8.8.8.8.  It has received an ip o...

1. Use Packet Tracer to put up the topology above. Connect the two multi–layer switches (MLS) with a Gigabit uplink2. Configure IP addresses where appropriate. Include the layer–2 (access) switch and the workstation. Use a private IP address block.3....

Picture1.jpg
MK31 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! QoS Marking

Quick rundown on my LAN: Access switches -> core -> internal routers -> firewalls -> DMZ -> router -> ISP We don't have any cisco phones or phones that support CDP so I'm not trusting any switchports. My plan was to set my trust boundary where the ac...