cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPs all being routed to my firewall

codymannes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I need help getting rid of a routing job a previous employee implemented. There are 5 IPs that are being routed to the same MAC address which is our firewall. I see in our main layer 3 cisco switch that there is a VLAN 101 for 123net ISP (which is the ISP I'm trying to use) and vlan 256 which is 123NET-INTERNET. I'm assuming that getting rid of the Vlans with 123net will free up the IPs.

My goal is that I want to set up a separate router for our 2nd ISP. But all the IPs are being routed to our firewall so they cant be used.

Thank you,

Cody

codymannes_0-1686060902827.pngcodymannes_1-1686060956674.png

7 Replies 7

Hi

"There are 5 IPs that are being routed to the same MAC address which is our firewall." ....this afirmation does not make sense.

This mac address seems to belong to PCs. Are your firewall a server? If you run "show mac address-table mac 0030.18cb.2cb3" which interface does this mac is pointed to?

Yes our firewall is from jetway and its a physical box for Lan/WAN (KerioControl)

Make sense.  Unless those mac address are statically entries on the Core , you dont need to worry about.

Can you share the show running-config from core?  Or at least show ip route.

You use static route without specify next-hop that why there are many ip point to same mac in your arp table.

How would I go about removing the Ips from the router(layer 3 switch) so I can start using these IPs? I thought deleting the VLANS it was on would do the trick.

We do not have enough detail about your environment to give good advice. If the IPs were assigned to interfaces then removing the vlan might be effective. But if they are being sent to the firewall by a static route then that is a different thing and removing the vlan would probably not solve your issue. Or if they are being sent to the firewall by a dynamic routing protocol then that is also a different thing and removing the vlan would probably not solve your issue. Give us better information to work with and we can give better advice.

HTH

Rick

We all circile around same point' can you draw topolgy to make us sure understand topolgy here.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card