Views
Helpful
Replies

Ipsec GRE between static and only one dhcp branch

lmanavalan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

i have a network where the branch office connects to the HQ via IPSEC GRE (tunnel protect mode). All the branch has static public IP from their ISP except for one.

One of the new branch router get a private ip address using dhcp from the ISP which is NATed to some Public IP address on ISP router.

Any idea how to configure ipsec gre from this branch to HQ.

I read about DMVPN but looks the hub spoke is not going to be useful since i have only one branch with dhcp rest are all with static public ip. The new branch will be able to talk to HQ but not the other branch using this setup.

any advice

thanks in advance

regards

Logesh

2 Replies 2

Hello Logesh,

here is a sample config for a P2P GRE tunnel with DHCP addressing. I am not sure though if this setup allows all the branches to talk to each other as  well, I guess that is your requirement ?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/Enterprise/WAN_and_MAN/P2P_GRE_IPSec/P2P_GRE/5_p2pGRE.html

Hi

with the example used in the link the dhcp ip and the isp ip i.e the crypto endpoint are routable.

i my case HQ is static public IP and branch end i receive a private ip address from the ISP router which is then NATed to their Public IP. I cannot use the dhcp private ip as the tunnel destination ip on the HQ GRE configuration.

regards

Logesh

regards

Logesh

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card