Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello, I have a question regarding STP. When I connect switch from port 1 to port 2 (see picture), port 2 goes into bloking state and port 1 in forwarding. What I want to achieve is to make port 2 forwarding. Normally I would use : Sw(config)#int f...

andrepoko by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,  I am not an experienced network engineer and I need some help with my home network configuration, mainly due to the fact is seems to be running very slow. I have a SG300-28P and attached to it are 2 x WAP561.  I have various different proble...

I am very new to configuring firewalls. I will be adding virtual servers to our network that attach to a Layer 3 HP 2920 switch.  There are also subnets configured on the switch (for the virtual cluster). I need to know how to configure my ASA 550...

Hello everyone, I've got a question about power supply noise caused by this device, supposed to be ... silent ;-) When powered, the SMPS (Switched Mode Power Supply) is very audible, exhibiting a random noise (like arcing). This is my first PoE comp...

hi friends, we have a nexus 56128P with ios release 7.1(0)N1(1a) , ( latest nx-os for this platform ) but we can not set port type to fc ( native fc ), what is our problem? how we can config ports as fc type? ( native fc )

Hi guys, I have a question: I have a topology that goes : Host - > SwitchA - > SwitchB(Layer3) - > CORE NETWORK - > ISP Host want to reach the Core network, but from some reason it cant. Host can ping SwitchB SVI interface(which configured as defaul...

hi friends, we have a nexus 2348 and a nexus 56128p, ( 2348 will be our fabric extender ) FCOE is work fine but we want to config ports on 2348 as native FC type, what we need to do this? is "Storage Protocols Services Package" license enough for ...

ASA Version 9.1(7) interface Ethernet0/0  nameif outside  security-level 0  ip address 182.71.13.74 255.255.255.248 ! interface Ethernet0/1  nameif CDE  security-level 100  ip address 10.153.164.1 255.255.255.0 ! interface Ethernet0/2  nameif thirdpa...

DHCP snooping trust questions:   1. I think you only need the trust on the trunk on the local switch going northbound to the next hop correct? Its not like ARP inspection where each side of the trunk needs a trust.   2. If you next hop is a Port-chan...

Hi, I've configured a Cisco 887va router with a set of Cisco 2960-S switches.  The problem is anyone on VLAN 30 is not getting an IP address.  VLANs 10 & 25 are getting IP addresses fine from my laptop acting as a DHCP server.  But VLAN 30 are not ge...

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/20 description Management Uplink switchport access vlan 50 switchport mode access switchport nonegotiate interface Vlan1 no ip address!interface Vlan50 ip address 10.0.0.2 255.255.255.0 !interface Vlan1 no ip address!int...