cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is GLC-T= supported on WS-C3750V2-24FS-S .....?

rajdhingra84
Level 1
Level 1

I want to know whether WS-C3750V2-24FS-S supports GLC-T on any of the 24 normal ports i.e. other than 2 SFP uplink ports?

I don't want to rely on the datasheet as the compatibity matrix for GLC-T (available at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/OL_6981.html#wp150398)

has put me in doubt due to a caption (uplink ports) under the switch model which basically indicates that GLC-T is probably only supported on uplink ports and not on the standard 100Base-FX ports.

Does anyone has real world experience of installing GLC-T on standard 100Base-FX ports available on 3750V2-24FS switch?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Gregory Snipes
Level 4
Level 4

No, the main 24 ports of the WS-C3750V2-24FS-S are for fast Ethernet SFPs only. The GLC-T is a gigabit SFP so it is not compatible.

You could always stack a 3750 that has twisted pair ports with the 24FS to give you the copper connectivity.

View solution in original post

Hi,

Gregory is correct. (+5  G)

100Base-FX is a FIBRE technology definintion

You can use the GLC-T in the 2 uplinkGigabit ports but not the 24 normal access ports

Look at the deinition of the switch

WS-C3750V2-24FS-S

24 Ethernet 100FX SFP ports and 2 SFP Gigabit Ethernet ports

Regards,
Alex.
Please rate useful posts.

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Gregory Snipes
Level 4
Level 4

No, the main 24 ports of the WS-C3750V2-24FS-S are for fast Ethernet SFPs only. The GLC-T is a gigabit SFP so it is not compatible.

You could always stack a 3750 that has twisted pair ports with the 24FS to give you the copper connectivity.

But that's strange, GLC-T is capable of 10/100/1000 Mbps speeds. If it does not support 100Base-FX, there should be something in SFP form to support RJ-45 on SFP with 100 Mbps speeds. Are you pretty sure about this? Sorry for again asking as it is very crucial for me from project cost perspective.

Moving to 3750X with gigabit speeds is going to be a very costly affair in that case. And even increasing no. of switches just to support RJ-45 because 3750V2 does not support it on 100Base-FX is going to double the no. of network devices in the network. Thats again kind of very disgusting.

Hi,

Gregory is correct. (+5  G)

100Base-FX is a FIBRE technology definintion

You can use the GLC-T in the 2 uplinkGigabit ports but not the 24 normal access ports

Look at the deinition of the switch

WS-C3750V2-24FS-S

24 Ethernet 100FX SFP ports and 2 SFP Gigabit Ethernet ports

Regards,
Alex.
Please rate useful posts.

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Thanks Gregory and acambell for the quick responses. It was very helpful  !!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card