cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to aggregate links between sup and line card?

robot2000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I have cat 6506 with sup720 supervisor and WS-C6724 line card. I need to connect stacked  cat3750s with cat 6500. I have two fibers, so I think about aggregation. My question is: can I aggregate port on supervisor an port on line card ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

robot2000 wrote:

Hi all

I have cat 6506 with sup720 supervisor and WS-C6724 line card. I need to connect stacked  cat3750s with cat 6500. I have two fibers, so I think about aggregation. My question is: can I aggregate port on supervisor an port on line card ?

Yes it is possible, as long as the speed and duplex of the 2 links are the same there is no problem with using the sup port and a port on a linecard in an etherchannel.

Jon

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

robot2000 wrote:

Hi all

Yes it is possible, as long as the speed and duplex of the 2 links are the same there is no problem with using the sup port and a port on a linecard in an etherchannel.

Jon

jon.marshall - thanks a lot !

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card