cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IS there any problem in stacking tow below C-3750G switches?

Majid Jalinousi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi buddies,

I have 2 switches like below:

1.WS-C3750G-24TS

2.WS-C3750G-24TS-1U

Both installed IOS on them are in same version, I want to sure there is no problem when I want to stack them. The reason I'm worring about stacking them is becuase of difference in appearence of them.

Is it possible?

BR,

Majid

3 Replies 3

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Majid,

Pre-requisite for making stack with cisco switches are

All the switches in the switch stack need to be running the same license level as the active switch.

All switches in the switch stack need to be running compatible software versions.

I don't think apart from above anything else is required and definitely stacking cables required :)

-GI

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages wha2tsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

"All the switches in the switch stack need to be running the same license level as the active switch."

I believe that's not actually a hard requirement on StackWise models, but it does avoid some issues.

"All switches in the switch stack need to be running compatible software versions."

I believe what actually needs to be compatible is the StackWise software versions, but running the same IOS version is recommended (as it also insures the StackWise software is compatible).

BTW, depending how you stack your two units, one unit will lose its current configuration, as in a stack configuration, there's just one configuration for all your switches.  If this is a concern, you'll want to save switch configurations before they are joined, so you can reapply (similar - port numbering may change) or you can preconfigure ports for the switch to be added to stack.

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Majid, 

You can stack the above mentioned switches in one stack. As the both belongs to the same family though you see some difference in model apperence.

Regards

Inayath

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card