Views
Helpful
Replies

ISR 1117 vs 4321

pierrescotland
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

We seem to have a new ISR with higher throughput available (up to 350 Mbps, 250Mbps for 4P version) - the C1117 also seems to have integrated FTTC DSL similar to the 887VA/K9 so it ticks a lot of boxes.

Questions:-

1. There does not seem to be a "Security bundle" for this model.  Is there?  Or do I have to use

1 x C1117-4PLTEEA  (for UK use)

1 x SL-1100-4P-SEC=

2. Price point seems to be WAY better than a 4321 with WAY better throughput with the same feature set (minus the expansion capability in the chassis).  Am I missing something? 

3. Has anyone used one in the wild yet?

I'd like a 'standard' box we can deploy that would cope with 350Mpbs Fibre and FTTC, and this looks like a good option, so be interested to hear opinions on this?

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
What is the WAN bandwidth the router is going?

500 Mbps max, CIR is 350Mbps.

I am very sure Cisco will never allow a dirt-cheap ISR 1K push >75 Mbps of traffic.

There are licenses for the 1100s to allow an additional 200Mbit of IPSec traffic:

FL-VPERF-4P-100 - IPsec Performance: Additional 100 Mbps for ISR 1100-4P and 200 Mbps for ISR 1100-8P.

I doubt very much Cisco would sell a license for additional crypto throughput if the box itself couldn't do at least the same performance in terms of non-crypto traffic.

I will have one in a few weeks to do some real world benchmarking with :-)

Me too, I am very interested in what the real-world performance will be. Also in the g.fast version as this tech is rolling out in the UK just now. I would imagine all out current 887VA routers will have to be upgraded to allow g.fast.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card