cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISR 9141 - Add Routed Interfaces

tresdodi
Level 1
Level 1

According to this table the ISR 1900 series supports EHWIC, HWIC, WIC, or VWIC cards. As far as I have found none of these are routed interfaces, but layer 3 switch interfaces. Does the ISR 1941 support cards with routed interfaces?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"Does the ISR 1941 support cards with routed interfaces?"

It might, but difficult to tell on an EoL product which Cisco has removed much documentation.

Many of the older routers often supported a one or two port FE module that provided routed ports, i.e. with same features as built-in Ethernet routed ports, although often with module bandwidth capacity limits compared to the built-in FE ports (although those routers rarely had the capacity to drive any of their FE or gig ports at 100% continuous capacity).

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

These are all switch modules. The idea is to have a switch and a router all in one chassis, use the switching module to collect end devices (layer-2 only) and use the router for routing between vlans and use the routed ports on the router to connect to other devices.

HTH

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"Does the ISR 1941 support cards with routed interfaces?"

It might, but difficult to tell on an EoL product which Cisco has removed much documentation.

Many of the older routers often supported a one or two port FE module that provided routed ports, i.e. with same features as built-in Ethernet routed ports, although often with module bandwidth capacity limits compared to the built-in FE ports (although those routers rarely had the capacity to drive any of their FE or gig ports at 100% continuous capacity).

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card