cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue connecting to Cisco switches on network

NewToAllThis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello - I am having an odd issue currently.  I have two Cisco switches, one a 2960-x and the other a 3650.  Both have their own IP's and are located in separate IDF's throughout the facility.  These switches are sometimes able to be connected through SSH, and sometimes not.  I know for a fact that the switches are online as AP's and everything is functioning correctly, but I am unable to ping either of them.  If I have a colleague from another location SSH into them - they are able to connect, and as soon as they establish a connection then at the same exact time the switches allow me to connect to them.  So I have tested that thoroughly and every single time that someone else connects to the switches, it then gives me access.  The 3850's on the MDF are pingable and able to connect every single time - these two however are hit and miss.  What configurations should I verify in order to always be able to reach these switches?

1 Reply 1

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Check for duplicate IP on your network. If there is none, try and remove the SSH key on these devices and reinstall them again. Also, do these switches behave the same way when using Telnet?

HTH

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card