Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all, Need your kind advice on setting up Wake On LAN (WOL) for my DELL machines. Currently I am trying to setup WOL for my servers and workstations in my server rack. Configuration for the servers and machines are completed and tested to be worki...

I'm looking to configure some VRFs on my C3850 switch, but I would like to know if I need a license, and what is the license? How do I know if I need a license or not? I already searched the internet and found nothing on this topic.

Hi I run a DNA / SDA environment. In some places there is no physical space for today's 9300 switches and the need is 8 or 12 ports PoE+.Will Cisco launch a 9000 series switch that is a good deal less physically than the current 9300? Best regards

mini by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello I have a older 3750 and I am trying to determine exactly which SFP's are installed.  When I run a show idprom on a specific interface all I get are hex characters.  Examples below: Identifier    :  0x03Connector:   0x07 Is there a way to deciph...

I am trying to ping an address from a 3560G switch but I am getting a strange response below. Is this imagine not capable of pinging? Strange that it is "IPservices"..."flash:c3560-ipservices-mz.122-35.SE5/c3560-ipservices-mz.122-35.SE5.bin"gw1#ping ...

news2010a by Level 3
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! DHCP on a 3750

I have dhcp running now on an asa 5512 and i want to move it onto the switch.Its for vlan 4 . I have an interface on the asa 10.77.4.1 . Do i have to give vlan 4  interface an ip on the switch or the commandip dhcp pool vlan 4 would be enough? I want...

bennuss01 by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I did some googling about the industry standard about modules, cables...etc, however, I still couldn't solve my doubts. Would like to know is it possible to use any converter between Ethernet CAT 1G/10G cable and a switch with SFP+ interface?(trying ...

Good day. Please tell me. I have vlan on router x with ip 10.10.10.12 255.255.255.0 . And I have switch .One port on trunk and see my router , and one access port vlan x and see provider.Provider have vlan on router with ip 10.10.10.11 255.255.255.0...

I have a network with a 3650 backbone switch, and 5 * 2960 clients switches. I was just reading an article about STP, and it mentioned it's important that all switches in the network are on the same vesrion. All the 2960s are running 15.2(2)E7 but th...

fred2k3 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all, when I'm configuring the router (I'm still new to this), I encountered the following problem:the router is accessible via telnet from local network computers, and I can also use RDP to connect to local network computers from the local netw...