cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

issue in cisco 3750 switch..

Debudas123
Level 1
Level 1

i have a IBM server(have giga ethernet) which is directly connected with 3750 giga switch...

i facing this.

1. when i have configure the switch port as auto, then data transfer is very slow between switch and the server.

2. when i have configure the switch port as 1000mbps full , then data transfer is going very good but not contunue.

3. when i have configure the switch port as 100mbps full, then data transfer is going very good and its continue.

i have also change the server's ethernet port as the same steps .. and the result is same...

so what is the issue..?

Thanking You

Debabrata Das

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. when i have configure the switch port as auto, then data transfer is very slow between switch and the server.

2. when i have configure the switch port as 1000mbps full , then data transfer is going very good but not contunue.

3. when i have configure the switch port as 100mbps full, then data transfer is going very good and its continue.

i have also change the server's ethernet port as the same steps .. and the result is same...

so what is the issue..?

Auto-negotiation (duplex) can be the culprit.

Dear

when it is running 1000 mbps, then no chance to mismatch the duplex, because 1000 mpbs does not support half-duplex... so what i'll do.

is it server port problem ?

thanks

Debabrata

kmothukuri
Level 1
Level 1

hi ,

whenever you change the port settings of 3750 switch , check the duplex using show interface command..

most probably as soon as you change the port settings , duplex of switch could be chaning to half ..

With Rgds,

M Satish Kumar

Dear

when it is running 1000 mbps, then no chance to mismatch the duplex, because 1000 mpbs does not support half-duplex... so what i'll do.

is it server port problem ?

thanks

Debabrata

Hi Debudas,

I guess, your IBM server does NOT support 1000mbps speed.

please check with the vendor once.

Thanks

Sri

Post the output of the following command:

1.  sh interface status;

2.  sh controller e  ;

3.  sh interface

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card