Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi guys,I have had time to figure what is wrong on me setup. I receive an Internet feed via two gigabit interfaces. The provide offer me a dual home setup where the managed the routing (BGP4). Their way to provide an unique path is via VRRP. Me provi...

Hello!!!I have four WS-C3750E-48PD-SF stacked but I need to stack one more.What are the steps I have to do to add a switch with the actual configuration?I have to stop the other switchs or can I do the change without service loosing?I have to pre-con...

Hi,After upgrading from 8 mbps link to 16 mbps iam getting following error in my router %IP_VFR-4-FRAG_TABLE_OVERFLOW: FastEthernet0/0: the fragment table has reached its maximum threshold 16Please help me as may be due to this  i am getting snmp Ale...

Resolved! Switches Upgrade

Hello,I am upgrading our company network switches and I used the Express GUI install to configure the switch with the IP settings and passwords.Are there any more settings I have to configure before deployment? Such as STP, or is this enabled by defa...

hi, I have a questionWhat if I have Cat6500, server A , sever B and client PCOn ports which server A and B connected I permit jumbo frame, and on the client PC port leave mtu default, will it works? I mean if server generate jumbo frame and send it t...

We currently have Cisco 2960 and 3750 switches.  Do these switches support REP for ring network?  If they don't how do I design a network that provides fault tolerance for a network that has one central location with 12 remote buidings.  They current...

hdoan by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,We got some 2960 switches for the first time - previously we've gotten 3500s and 3700s, but since the intended use was only for switching, this time we went with the 2960.I just tried to see a mac address on one of the new 2960s, and found tha...

we have a number of switches, routers, firewall, etc pointing to the same windows ntp server and they are associated ok.when i type show clock i am seeing the right time but looking at the timestamp on the logs (sh log) the times are very different. ...

Can you configure an internal port (Gi1/0/14) to pass through to an external port (Gi1/0/19) to connect an iSCSI device?

Leo Bruni by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,When I execute show interfaces fastEthernet0/1 command on a catalyst switch it displays the hardware address which is +1 of base MAC address.When and where does the switch use this MACaddress? Does it mean that a 48 port switch will have 49 mac...

avilt by Level 3
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I'm planning on upgrading a pair of N7K switches with 3 VDCs + default VDC on each.Some of the VDCs are sharing vPC domain (e.g VDC A on one N7K and VDC A on second N7K are configured with vPC domain 300).I'm upgrading from 5.0.3 to 5.1.3.I pla...

udid by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes