cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with Inline Power

jonasdiaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello friends, I've been configuring a NME-16ES-1G-P, and it's needed to shutdown the internal logical interface, but when I do that an error is shown "Shuting down Internal GE interface GigabitEthernet1/0 may render inline power for EtherSwitch Service Module not working properly", what issues can It bring to my network performance, or what problems can I have on my network?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Jonas,

Be careful with this command, If you shut the internal interface down, it will bring down the local vlan interfaces also and effect your neighbor adjacency.

Switch(config-if)#sh
%Warning:Internal interface GigabitEthernet1/0/2 is shutdown. System will not deliver power any more if new IP phones are connected

HTH

Reza

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Jonas,

Be careful with this command, If you shut the internal interface down, it will bring down the local vlan interfaces also and effect your neighbor adjacency.

Switch(config-if)#sh
%Warning:Internal interface GigabitEthernet1/0/2 is shutdown. System will not deliver power any more if new IP phones are connected

HTH

Reza

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you do this it means that the command "might" disable the module completely.  But in reality, if you disable the logical interface, the module powers down.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: