Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with Serial interface up

rapyoke21
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am very new to Cisco, so please bear with me

I purchased two 2500 series routers on ebay and connected the two with a serial cable the seller included. I have assigned 10.1.1.1/24 to Serial1 on Router 1, and assigned 10.1.1.2/24 to Serial1 on Router 2. Both are HDLC, and both have the same issue in debug mode (myseq count goes up every few seconds, mineseen and yourseen stay at zero.

I would be more than willing to post any screenshots if needed. Thank you to anybody who answers.

Peter

3 Replies 3

rapyoke21
Level 1
Level 1

And just to clarify the issue, the interface is up but the line protocol is down (on both routers).

Hi Peter,

Did you add the clock rate interface command on the router acting as the DCE? You can verify which one is DCE or DTE by issuing the show controller serial x command. Refer sample config below:

int serial x

clock rate 64000

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

smogra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please check this table 15.1 in the below document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/internetworking/troubleshooting/guide/tr1915.html#wp1020563

This will help you in understanding why the serial interface is showing up/down status.

Cheers

Sweta

P.S. Please rate the answer if it was useful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card