Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Kron - commmand Scheduler!

Hi,

I have configured kron based commands on my routers & switches to automate Configuration backups. I've pointed this to one of my windows system to have all the configuration files stored.

The configurations is as provided below:

kron occurrence backup at 06:00 recurring

policy-list backup

!

kron policy-list backup

cli show run | redirect tftp://x.x.x.x/router.cfg

With this configurations, most of my routers' configurations are getting backed up. However, I am seeing that all the files for the switches are blank.

i.e, the files are being generated but is blank (I do not see the 'sh run' output). Please assist!

P.S : Please note that all the swithes mentioned are IOS based (CatOS doesn't support kron)

!

3 Replies 3

Hello,

Can anyone assist me on this?

"You can only use privileged-mode commands with kron; it doesn't allow any Global or Interface configuration commands. This is because it executes each command separately."

http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-5553313.html

Hi,

As per the document, kron command was introduced in Cisco IOS 12.3(1). So, this should mean that IOS images of version Cisco IOS 12.3(1) & above will be able to run kron-based jobs successfully.

Please note that the latest IOS release for Cisco 4500 series is 12.2(50)SG & some of my switches are running this IOS. Does this mean that 'kron-based' jobs won't work on any of the Cisco IOS based-switches as well ?

Also, most of my routers / gateways are all running IOS higher that Cisco 12.3(1). Kron-based commands were accepted & I have successfully configured across most of the devices. Howver, some of the device-configurations aren't getting backed up.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card