Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

L3 3750x Switch

I have L3 3750x Switch. i am not able to run internet on that.

1) I have to create VLAN 100. (which i have created)

2) Then need to create DHCP pool 192.168.1.0 (i have Created DHCP pool & merged with vlan 100)

3) i have series of wan ip one of that ip taken (182.45.123.88 255.255.255.248) to configure in L3 switch. that uplink will come from router.

now how i will run internet or configure wan ip on switch. plz help with full command.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

If you want to provide internet access to the VLAN 100,

You need to create a default route pointing to your next hop IP in this case the ISP and enabling ip routing command

conf t
ip  routing. 

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 <IP address next hop ISP>

In order to configure an IP on a port on the switch, you must disable the switchport mode under the interface that you want to use, for example:

interface g1/0/1
no switchport
ip address 182.45.123.88 255.255.255.248

And you have to create a NAT, if you are going to use 1 Public IP, a PAT is the best choose. But Im not really sure if a switch 3750X supports NAT, you can verify if the following command is supported:

conf t
ip nat inside source ?

Otherwise it is not supported, if you are able to manage the router, you could configure the PAT on it. 

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi

If you want to provide internet access to the VLAN 100,

You need to create a default route pointing to your next hop IP in this case the ISP and enabling ip routing command

conf t
ip  routing. 

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 <IP address next hop ISP>

In order to configure an IP on a port on the switch, you must disable the switchport mode under the interface that you want to use, for example:

interface g1/0/1
no switchport
ip address 182.45.123.88 255.255.255.248

And you have to create a NAT, if you are going to use 1 Public IP, a PAT is the best choose. But Im not really sure if a switch 3750X supports NAT, you can verify if the following command is supported:

conf t
ip nat inside source ?

Otherwise it is not supported, if you are able to manage the router, you could configure the PAT on it. 

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Dear Sir i have tried all the commands apart from    "ip routing"  may be because of this internet was not working. i will add this command as well tommorow.

so NAT/PAT is compulsory. i did not run this command yet. so please if you can help me a little more with "NAT" command.

Thank you, please keep us posted

:-)

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't recall the 3750X supporting NAT/PAT.  If it doesn't, you'll need a device that does.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card