cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LACP with 3750

abbas.ali
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 3750G-48PS Running IOS 12.2(40) and was wondering how many physical ports are supported in an LACP Configuration.  Is it 4 or 8 ports in a single switch.

If I have a dual 3750 stacked together,  and I want to configure (8) port LACP, Can I take (4) ports from each switch in the stack and LACP together.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

So with only single 3750G, I can take 8 physical ports in an LACPif I don't want to purchase an additional switch.

Yes.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, you can take 4 from each switch for a max of 8. You can do 16 with 3750X but only 8 active at a time:

from the config guide:

When enabled, LACP tries to configure the maximum number of  LACP-compatible ports in a channel, up to a maximum of 16 ports. Only  eight LACP links can be active at one time. The software places any  additional links in a hot-standby mode. If one of the active links  becomes inactive, a link that is in the hot-standby mode becomes active  in its place.

If you configure more than eight links for an EtherChannel group, the  software automatically decides which of the hot-standby ports to make  active based on the LACP priority. To every link between systems that  operate LACP, the software assigns a unique priority made up of these  elements (in priority order)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750x_3560x/software/release/12.2_53_se/configuration/guide/swethchl.html#wp1275680

HTH

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I have a Cisco 3750G-48PS Running IOS 12.2(40) and was wondering how many physical ports are supported in an LACP Configuration.  Is it 4 or 8 ports in a single switch.

Maximum of 8 ports and they all have to be the same speed (even though some are using different medias).

If I have a dual 3750 stacked together,  and I want to configure (8) port LACP, Can I take (4) ports from each switch in the stack and LACP together.

Yes you can.

abbas.ali
Level 1
Level 1

So with only single 3750G, I can take 8 physical ports in an LACPif I don't want to purchase an additional switch.

Yes.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card